What is the difference between an Incident Ticket and a Service Item Request?
- An Incident Ticket is for when something is broken, not working, or you need assistance from a help desk technician. Incidents are generally not recurring requests. A good example of an incident is a computer not booting or a monitor not turning on. If you don't know whether your ticket should be an incident or a service request, default to submitting an incident as we can always re-classify the request in the system.
- A Service Item Request is a recurring request that requires repeatable tasks from our technicians. Account creations, audio visual support requests, checkout laptops, etc are all examples of service requests. Service items in Freshservice allow us to create custom forms that include the information we need for common requests.
- You can submit a Service Item Request here.
How do I submit an Incident Ticket?
- Connect to the csu-eid WiFi network or plug into an Ethernet port within your room or apartment. Go to https://techsupport.hds.colostate.edu
- After logging into Freshservice, submit an incident request either by clicking the "Report an incident" button in the middle of the portal or by clicking "New Ticket" in the top right corner of the portal.
- Once the incident request form loads. You should see a number of fields: "Search a Requester" (which get auto-populated with your email address), "Subject" "Residence Hall/Apartment", "Room Number", "Phone Number" and "Description".
- Type in a Subject and click on another field. You will see "Related articles" on the right side of the screen for self-service.
- Finish filling out the remaining fields and click submit. After a successful submission, you will be redirected to the "Tickets" page on the portal and there will be a banner at the top of the screen indicating a successful submission. You will also receive an email confirming receipt of your request. Incident request numbers all begin with "INC-#" where the hash sign is the number of the work order.
- From the Tickets tab on the homepage, you can sort your tickets in a number of ways and select each one to check on important information about the ticket including: name of the agent working on it, the current status and conversations that have happened pertaining to the ticket. You can also add your own comments and interact with the agent working on the ticket by hitting Reply.